Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 85 - Fisher-Price Dog - 08.14.11

I stuck with the toy theme for today. I couldn't devote too much time wandering around looking for photos because I had to work on my Halloween music mix. That thing takes many, many hours over several weekends. This was weekend two and I've got about an hour of music mixed. When it is done and posted I'll be sure to announce it here as well.

This dog is one of the few little people toys I have in my possession. I loved the little people as a kid. We had a mail truck and a mailman. We had the little town. When that wasn't enough I made store fronts out of small cereal boxes.

We also had the parking garage. Man, loved that parking garage. Cranking that elevator up and down, making that bell ring. If you had one, you know what I'm talking about. Anyways, I love these older little people toys. They don't make them with this design anymore apparently because their small size made them a choking hazard. Hazard, shmazard. I think the smaller ones looked the best.

Not sure what happened to all the people we had. Mother probably gave them away to relatives. In fact I'm pretty sure this dog was not the one from my childhood. I kind of remember that the one I had was chewed on. I think my dog, gave him a bit of a bite. I think I saw this at a thrift store or garage sale and bought it. Now that I fished him out of a box he's on one of my record shelves. He is also something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment