Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 84 - Adventure People - 08.13.11

These toys were some of my first action figures. I think they may have even pre-dated my first Star Wars toys. Adventure People was a line of Fisher-Price action figures that were all about real life action heroes. There were people like scuba divers, (like these) astronauts, motorcyclists (have one of those as well) and mountain climbers (have the female one of those). In fact the mountain climbing rope and grappling hook is tied to this boat. You can see the string in the photo. The mountain climbers also had an attachment which was a sort of harness for a kind of zip line. You would run string through it and then you could send your little guy whizzing down the line. Oh the days of whizzing toys down strings. These scuba divers were bath time favorites as a kid. I think I had some rubber shark to attack them to make things interesting. I've since learned that their names are Becky and Matt. They were something I saw today.

1 comment: