Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Day 3825 - Inside "McCartney" LP - 11.09.21

The album for today was Paul McCartney's "McCartney."  This is inside the album jacket.  

This is an interesting album in that so much of it just seems like song ideas and almost like demos. That is probably because Paul recorded this on the sly and a bunch of it was recorded at home. So they lack the sort of studio polish that we have come to expect from a Beatles album. Still to me the album is enjoyable. It is funny that while on George Harrison's album I felt like he had a collection of great songs that had been suppressed or rejected by the lad and was just waiting to get them out. When I listen to this collection of songs from Paul I can't help but feel like there is an absence of John. I have no idea if that is fair of me to think that and probably by this time John had very little influence on Paul's songs, but I just can't help but think it. I think because some of the song seem so much rawer and less produced and finished. They feel like they are missing that last element of bouncing the song off your song writing partner. The highlight of the record is of course "Maybe I'm Amazed" which feels like a proper song and single that you'd expect from a Beatle. I also do have to say that while I've had this record in the collection for many years, this past week listening to it several times in close succession, I've liked it more than I ever have.

This is something I saw today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment