Monday, November 8, 2021

Day 3824 - "Sweet Baby James" LP By James Taylor - 11.08.21

Today we listened to James Taylor's "Sweet Baby James album.  This is what i wrote about the record.

Of course "Fire And Rain" is the clear winner of the album as Edu points out, but I like "Sweet Baby Jame" quite a lot. I also really like "Lo And Behold." I listened to that one several times this past weekend and even played it as part of the morning call's pre-meeting playlist. "Sunny Skies" just makes me feel happy. It reminds me of Jack Johnson's music. I thought "Steamroller" was a bit of a surprise on the record because it is basically a straight up blues track. I thought James delivered some nice Blue-eyed soul. i don't usually think of James Taylor in those terms. "Country Road" is also a solid song for me. So basically side one is all pretty strong for me. Side two is held up by "Fire and Rain", but I also like "Suite For 20G" quite a bit. I think it settles into a nice groove once it gets going. The production and musicianship on that track is also really nice. I like that in "Oh Baby, Don't You Loose Your Lip On Me" he refers to himself as JT (Lord, have mercy, baby, now, don't you loose your lip on poor old loving man JT) because it made me think of the modern JT (Justin Timberlake) and I liked that James Taylor was the original pop JT. The track also was another nice bluesy, soulful track. And it was short and to the point.

This was something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment