Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Day 3818 - SImon And Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water" LP - 11.02.21

Today we listened to "Bridge Over Troubled Water" for the album on the 1001 albums list.  This is what I wrote to my friends.

Today's album is a true classic and it has been a while since I listened through it. I listened to it last night and again this morning. It is always enjoyable. The title track "Bridge Over Troubled Water" is a song that when I first moved to LA I remember hearing on the radio a piece done on KCRW or some public station about this song. The piece made the argument that it was a perfect pop song and I think it may have argued that it was the greatest pop song ever. I don't know if I would go that far, but it certainly is great. The production on it certainly is bigger than anything Simon & Garfunkel had done before. It is a great song just to listen to and appreciate the production. This album has some of my all time favorite Simon & Garfunkel songs like "El Cóndor Pasa (If I Could)", "Cecilia", "The Boxer" and "Baby Driver". I could listen to all of those songs endlessly. I also love the live version of "Bye, Bye Love" because I think it is a nice nod to amazing song writing by Felice Bryant and Boudleaux Bryant and amazing song writing for a two part harmony duo. Two songs that stood out to me on these listens which are deeper cuts are "So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright" and "The Only Living Boy in New York."

And that was something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment