Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Day 3819 - "Tea For The Tillerman" By Cat Stevens - 11.03.21

Today's album was Cat Stevens' "Tea For The Tillerman" and it is one of the great albums.  This is what I wrote about the album today.

This is probably Cat Stevens’ best album. It is probably between this album and “Teaser And The Firecat.” I like quite a few of his albums, but this one has a lot of hits and is maybe my favorite. Actually, I don’t know how many were actual hits per se, but the album has a bunch of his super well known songs. “Where Do The Children Play”, “Wild World” and “Father & Son” I think are the most classic and recognizable. In addition to those three I think “Hard Headed Woman” may also be recognizable to a lot of people. It certainly is great. In terms of deeper cuts “On The Road To Find Out” is one of my favorites for sure. Also the last track, the title track “Tea For The Tillerman” is short, to the point and I really like it. I love when the chorus comes in for “Happy Day” at the very end. It gives me chills. Cat Stevens has a talent for great melodies and his lyrics are great across the board. My real introduction to Cat Stevens was with this album. I met someone who was a big fan and he really wanted me to hear “On The Road To Find Out.” It spiritually spoke to him. That is probably why that song means a lot to me, because it really was my introduction to really paying attention to Cat Stevens. I’m sure I had heard him on the radio before. I eventually got a greatest hits CD and when I started picking up records, I added this and several other albums of his to the collection. I have played this one a lot over the years. This time through “Miles From Nowhere” popped for me as a deep cut stand out as well. “Father & Son” is a masterpiece of a song. I have listened to that song and wept in the past. Recently on an episode of Ted Lasso there is a joke about the complicated nature of the relationships between fathers and sons and a character sarcastically says someone should write a song about it. When I heard that line, I thought of this song.

This is something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment