Friday, December 31, 2021

Day 3877 - Smoke Shop Window - 12.31.21

Today my wife and I went and saw "Licorice Pizza" at the North Hollywood Laemmle.  Before the film walked around the NoHo district which we had not really been to since before the pandemic.  I took pictures of the El Portal theater and some of the buildings and storefronts.  I took a picture of the smoke shop not only for the weathered painted window, but also because this was the site of Nudie Cohn's "Nudie's Rodeo Tailors."  That was super cool to discover.  Also another cool coincidence was that one of the last shots of Licorice Pizza has our two heroes reuniting in front of the El Portal Theater.  So it was cool walking out of the Laemmle to see one of the locations just featured in the film.  This is is something I was today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment