Monday, December 13, 2021

Day 3859 - Emerson, Lake And Palmer "Tarkus" - 12.13.21

This is the inside of the album Tarkus.  It was the album for the 1001 list today.  This is what I wrote.

I own this record, but I will be the first to day that I have not listened to it much. To me the best part of the album is the cover art. If I am going to listen to some ELP, I will reach for Brain Salad Surgery every time (which is woefully missing from this list). I will say that I did listen to the epic "Tarkus" track 3 times over the last week or so. The first time I was just listening with it more or less in the back ground. The second time I listened to it, it was after reading up a little more on the album and I thought I need to pay more attention. My mind still wandered. Then again this morning I thought I need to focus. But I couldn't. I cam back to my description of Fragile. This is serious music. It is so serious that I need a map to follow it and supplemental reading. Unfortunately, I'm not always in the mood to work that much. I found reading about the music perhaps more fulfilling. That said, these are some really smart guys doing some incredibly complex if not a little nerdy stuff and I respect it. It will probably be a long time before I return to this album. Also, it is hard to be patient with an album like this when I know Led Zeppelin IV is on the horizon for tomorrow.

This is something I saw today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment