Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Day 941 - Motley Crue "Too Fast For Love" LP - 12.17.13

Today was another long tiring day at work.  I did not have any time for photographs and so I waited until the end of the day when I got home.  This Motley Crue record I picked up over the Thanksgiving Holiday in Arizona.  For the most part I would say I am not a Motley Crue fan.  I absolutely love this first record of theirs, but my interest fades with each record.  I wouldn't say I hate all the rest of the music.  I mean who could hate "Home Sweet Home".  However I have little interest in most of their other output later in the 80's.  This record, though, is nearly perfect.  It is raw and in my opinion still has a little punk rock attitude woven into the fiber of the record.  The last track "On With The Show" is my favorite Crue song.  An interesting side note to that is that when I first heard Green Day's "Jesus of Suburbia" I instantly recognized a chunk of that song that sounded just like "On With The Show".  If you do any reading about that song or the whole American Idiot album you'll quickly learn that Green Day were ripping off everyone on that album.  Jesus of Suburbia the 9 minute epic steals from all over the place.  You'll hear everything from ripping from "Jesus Christ Superstar" to ripping from Oasis. I guess if you are going to steal, steal from the best.  Anyway, that is a long way of saying this record was something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment