Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 65 - Stained Glass Sunrise - 07.25.11

This morning I mentioned to my son that I needed to figure out what to take a picture of today and that I had no ideas. He was up for going and finding something of which to take a photo and so I asked him if he had any ideas. He said that up in the Burbank hills there was a building foundation with a chimney. The building had burned down or was taken down, but the chimney remained. It was a bit of a hike, but I was up for it. We had a small window of time before we had to go pick up my daughter at dance camp. Going up the mountain was rough. Took us 35 minutes and I was dying. When we got there I took photos of the chimney against the hills and sky, but then I moved in where someone had placed this stained glass sunrise. It was just sitting on the metal beam. It was unexpected and interesting. I like when that happens, when I set out to take a picture of one thing and I find something better. That is what happened today. After resting a taking just a handful of photos we had to race down the mountain. We got down in 13 minutes. Phew, my legs were like jelly. But we made it and got my daughter only a couple minutes late. So all in all it was a good morning and the hike resulted in a photo for the day. This piece of found art was something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment