Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 48 - Oak Street Beach - 07.08.11

Drove to Chicago today. Wanted to visit some of my old favorite sites. Hit up Wrigley Field. Then went over and drove through Lincoln Park and parked downtown. Then my son and I hiked back to the beach. Walked down Oak Street Beach visiting one of the spots my friends and I used to skate. Had to keep walking down the beach so I could get this shot, which isn't very original I know. It is sort of an iconic shot that you've seen a thousand times, but there is a reason for that. The Chicago Skyline is simply beautiful. I wanted to also mention that the real highlight for the day for me wasn't very photographic and so it didn't make it here. It was when I traveled to downtown Evanston in search of Tom Thumb Hobby which was where I bought my first skateboard. I was so excited not only to find that Tom Thumb was still there, but that they still sold skateboards. They even had a sign in the window that said they were the oldest skate shop in the Midwest. Finished off the day at Lou Malnati's Pizza in Lincolnwood. Yum. So that was my day in Chicago. This view of the beach was something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment