Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 18 - Grand Central Building - 06.08.11

After yesterday's all day photo extravaganza I basically took the day off. On the way home from work I drove a couple streets out of my way to visit the Grand Central Building. This building is owned by Disney and is currently vacant. The reason I pay any attention to this building is because of its history. This building was the terminal for the Glendale airport. That airport served as the airport for Los Angeles for many years and is featured in many, many old movies. You can read more on the history of the airport on numerous web sights. This one is a good place to start. It has some good images such as the one below.

The challenge of making this somewhat interesting was the fact that there was this horrible green fence around it. There were distracting cars parked around the fence as well. So I basically use my old stand by trick of tilting the image. It's a cheap trick, but does provide some movement in the composition. I then played with the color in Photoshop, not a ton, but enough to make it more interesting. So that was something I saw today on the way home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment