Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 12 - Coffee Bean Cup - 06.02.11

It is a funny thing these photo excursions I've been doing. I set out with an idea for some photos to take, but I end up finding things I never planned on and they end up here instead of what I originally intended. This morning was a good example. I woke up around 3AM and thought I'm going to head to downtown Burbank and take some night photos of the empty streets, stores, restaurants, and perhaps even some street lights and signs. That is what I started out doing and I got an interesting few images. But then just as I was ready to pack it in and head back home I noticed a Coffee Bean cup that had been left on a planter all night. I took a series of photos and when all was said and done they were some of the best photos. This one of course is my favorite.

Another interesting story about this morning was that I met a man who was on a bike downtown. He was well dressed and seemed all together. He was curious about my photos and we talked cameras and lenses for a bit. The funny thing was that at one point he got on his cell phone and asked me what city he was in. He was calling a friend to come pick him up. He said he got himself lost. I didn't inquire any further, but it did seem funny that this guy was on a bike ride at 3:30 in the morning and didn't even know where he was. And I swear he didn't seem drunk or high.

If you are interested here is a link to the runner up photos. 1, 2, 3.

So that was something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment