Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 8 - American Flag and TV Antenna - 05.29.11


It was a very blustery day here in Burbank. I wanted to somehow capture some of that wind on film. I tried taking some photos with a longer shutter to capture the movement of the trees, but I didn't get any to work out how I wanted. I was ready to give up and so I went and took some photos of an orange traffic cone that looked like it had been run over a thousand times. It had lots of character. But then I saw this. This American flag blowing in the wind. I thought it captured the bluster day feel. Then on top of that the house had this huge TV antenna on it and I thought that made for a real interesting image. To great symbols of America on one house, the flag and TV. I thought is was also somewhat telling as to the size of the two symbols. Our love of TV is huge, which this old antenna nicely represented. So there you have it. Something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment