Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Day 3965 - Elton John's "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" LP - 03.29.22

The album on our 1001 album list was "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" by Elton John.  This is what I wrote for my review to my friends.

Masterpiece. I loved revisiting this record because not only are there are a few absolute classic Elton tracks on here like "Candle In The Wind", "Bennie And The Jets", "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" and "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting", but there are some great deep cuts on this album. Elton John and Bernie Taupin were on the absolute top of their game at this point. And the production on all the tracks is just fantastic. This album sounds great and it sounds great being played loud. If you can listen with headphones or perhaps in your car with a good stereo where you can shut out all distractions it sounds great.


This is something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment