Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Day 3763 - "Kiss Me Deadly" and "Repo Man" Double At The New Beverly - 09.08.21

Tonight was an amazing double feature at the New Beverly.  I watched "Kiss Me Deadly" and the "Kiss Me Deadly" inspired "Repo Man."  I have seen "Repo Man" many times before, but never on the big screen and it was a pleasure seeing it on the big screen with an audience.  It played great.  "Kiss Me Deadly" was a first time viewing and I must say that I was kind of blown away.  I vaguely knew what it was about and what the twist was going to be near the end of the film, but that didn't matter.  The reveal toward the end was amazing and played so well.  It was still sort of shocking and the ending was so bleak.  I was also taken aback by how black and dark the interpretation of Mike Hammer was.  It was also great watching it before "Repo Man" because I the connections between the two movies were made all that more apparent.  This is something I saw today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment