Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Day 2130 - The House That Screamed and Pieces - 03.21.17

This evening I went and saw a great double feature with two horror films from Spain.  "The House That Screamed" was a lush, beautiful Gothic horror in the vein of a Hammer film.  It exceeded my expectations in terms of tense and scary sequences.  "Pieces" also was so much better than I was expecting, but in a completely different sense.  I was thinking it was just going to be a fun 80's slasher film, which it was, but it was also the funniest one I have ever seen.  At almost every term there was something hysterical in terms of imagery, plot twists, dialogue, over the top violence or gratuitous nudity.  The theater was full, if not sold out and everyone was into it which made the experience absolutely great.  This is something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment