Saturday, January 7, 2017

Day 2057 - VES Bake-Off - 01.07.17

Tonight I went with some co-workers to the VES Bake-Off and Pre-Party in Beverly Hills.  Oooooo, Beverly Hills.  To be honest I rarely ever venture to that part of town.  The party was crowded and I met a few new people so that was fun.  The actually Bake-Off portion of the evening where the 10 films presented their case and showed clips for why they should win the Academy Award for best Visual Effects was pretty cool.  A representative from the Visual Effect team had 5 minutes to talk about all the effects they did and then they would show a 3-5 minute reel of clips from the film.  Then there was a brief 3 minute Q&A panel discussion with 3-4 members of the Visual Effects team.  I really enjoyed that, but it meant for another late night out.  I'm beat.  This head of Oscar was one of the many large statues in the lobby of the Goldwyn theater, where the Bake-Off took place.  It is kind of crappy and blurry and foggy because it was taken with my phone.  Ugh.  This is something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment