Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Day 1528 - Sex and Zen And A Bullet In The Head - 07.29.15

Back when I first got into Chinese Cinema in the 90's this book was my bible.  It was the early days of the internet so there wasn't tons on info on all these movies.  If there was the info it wasn't as easy to get to because there was no internet movie database or Wikipedia.  Well, I read this book that gave little blurbs on great Chinese genre pictures and then I'd go hunt these movies down.  In college I'd drive an hour to a video store that was in an art house cinema theater.  When I moved to L.A. I'd got to Eddie Brandt's.  I was thumbing through this book recently after having picked up some old HK films.  I guess I was nostalgic for those good old days of discovery as well as the thrill of the hunt.  I loved that if you were into this sort of thing, you had to sort of work for it.  Today, basically you can find anything with the magic of the internet.  This is something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment