Friday, April 8, 2022

Day 3975 - Alice Cooper's "Billion Dollar Babies" LP - 04.08.22

Alice Cooper's "Billion Dollar Babies" was the album today on our 1001 albums list.  I wrote the following about the record.

To me this is the winner of the week. This album I have listened to many, many, many times over the years. I've had it for probably 20 years now at least. I picked it up when I was initially buying all the vinyl records in my collection. I was very into Alice back then and this album was and still is a favorite. I pretty much know this album inside and out and love every song. This album does a great job of mixing in the horror and the theatrical and the straight up rock and roll. This album has big hits which is awesome. "Hello Hurray", "Elected". "Billion Dollar Babies" and "No More Mr. Nice Guy" are all huge classic Alice cooper tracks. But I love the deep cuts. "Sick Things" is great. "Mary Ann" is super great. "I Love The Dead", oh man this is everything I love. So dark. So and I hate to admit it, but so dark and funny. To me that is a track that is a bit of a litmus test. If you get it and like it, then you get Alice Cooper. If you don't like it and don't get why someone might like it , then I guess you just don't get what Alice Cooper was all about. And to be honest that it okay. This band and Alice Cooper himself is not for everyone, but her certainly is for me. I believe I mentioned Bob Ezrin a few weeks ago for his work with Lou Reed and said that we'd be hearing more from him, well this is one of those times. This is a Bob Ezrin joint through and through. So good.

This is something I saw today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment