Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Day 3650 - New Blu-Rays - 05.18.21

Last week I got a new batch of Blu-rays.  As you can see there were a couple David Lynch films in the bunch.  I've been rewatching Twin Peaks the Return and I have been listening to the Pure Cinema podcast talk through the Lynch Filmography and so I am finally getting around to buying some of these films on Blu-ray.  I've had them digitally for a long time, but i wanted to get proper physical copies.  I also got a film noir set and "Son Of Paleface" a Bob Hope film I have not seen yet.  I got this noire set because I was looking to pick up Gun Crazy.  I found this set which also had "The Setup" in it and that is a film I have been wanting to rewatch.  When I first moved to Los Angeles in 1997, I discovered The American Cinematheque.  At that point there had not restored the Egyptian theater and were running screening out of Raleigh studios if I remember correctly.  I could be wrong about that, it was so long ago.  What I remember is that it was in a relatively small screening room on a small lot and I felt like I had discovered something really cool.  The first thing I ever went and saw was "The Setup" which was a movie I had never seen before. I really liked it and I was so happy to be living in a city where there were things like this where you could go see old movies on the big screen.  Needless to say, I have some good films lined up for the weeks to come.  This is something I saw today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment