Sunday, August 9, 2020

Day 3367 - Reading "The Dead Zone" - 08.09.20

 Today has been a nice relaxing day.  Yesterday afternoon I went for a walk and I stopped by a thrift store.  It had a sign out in front that said record albums ¢10.  I ended up being there for well over an hour going through their boxes and I ended up buying 119 records.  Some those were 78s and 45s, but mostly it was albums.  I bought some religious records from mostly artists I had never heard of, but for ¢10 it was worth the gamble, and then I got all sorts of other things from pop, to rap, to jazz and easy listening.  I spent the rest of yesterday going through most of those records sampling the songs and when I found one I really liked I would digitize it.  I did that until about 1:30 in the morning.  So when I woke up early this morning I had about an hour and twenty minutes of tracks to put into a mix.  So after breakfast that is what I did.  24 hours earlier I had no idea that I would have this mountain of new music and an interesting new mix of music to share with people.  Once that was done I watch "I Was A Teenage Zombie" and took a nap. I got up around 3PM and listened to a bunch of the Al Hirt records I picked up and read The Dead Zone.  What a great day.  This is something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment