Thursday, October 27, 2016

Day 1985 - Phantoms - 10.27.16

This week has been exhausting and yet it I wouldn't change a thing.  All month I have been excited for and dreading this week because I knew I was going to be out almost every night because there was so many amazing things to see all in a row.  Tonight some friends and I went and saw the original silent "Phantom of the Opera" and the De Palma classic "Phantom of the Paradise."  I haven't seen both movies for quite some time.  I probably hadn't seen "Phantom of the Opera" for 15 or 20 years.  "Phantom of the Paradise" it had probably just been 3 or 4 years.  I'll admit I was mostly going for Paradise.  The print was amazing and the experience of watching it in a sold out theater was great.  It was unlike any other time watching the film.  This was the sort of experience that really makes you remember why going to a theater and doing things with a group of people is so great.  I don't want to say that watching a movie in a theater is better than watching a movie at home because there are advantages to both experiences, but I am saying that they are very different experiences and I don't want to give one up for the other.  Anyway, enough of the soap box.  This is the theater marquee this morning.  This is something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment