Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Day 1983 - "Alice Cooper: Welcome To My Nightmare" and "Son Of Dracula" - 10.25.16

Tonight was another night out at the cinema.  Tonight was a couple of rock and roll flicks.  I have been looking forward the the Alice Cooper movie all month.  I actually was trying to find this movie about six months ago to watch and so I was extremely excited when I saw it on the New Beverly calendar.  It was a fascinating movie that was mostly a staged film to appear as if it was live in front of an audience.  That was sort of disappointing for me, because it kept taking me out of the moments and from what I really wanted to see, which was Alice Cooper live.  The film wasn't a complete disappointment because the last 20-30 minutes was actual concert footage.  I thought this was great.  This was raw and full of energy.  The performance was genuine in a way that the staged footage wasn't.  There is something to be said to being up on a stage in front of an audience where performers is giving them energy and they in turn are feeding off the audience's energy.  I also have to say that while the staged portion wasn't what I was hoping for, it was still interesting and compelling.  The second flick was "Son of Dracula" which was a crazy Ringo Starr and Harry Nilsson movie.  I was super tired during that movie and had trouble following it.  I think that was a mixture of it being a weird movie and my exhaustion.  I think I have to watch it again.  This photo was taken this morning before work.  This is something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment