Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 758 - Owl on Table By Vase - 06.17.13

It was a very long day today.  I stayed at work to watch Star Trek Into Darkness.  I'm torn about how I feel about the movie.  Perhaps if I knew nothing about Star Trek and the characters I would think it was a pretty exciting and entertaining movie. Perhaps that is how I should approach the movie.  The trouble is that it is very hard for me to ignore all the Star Trek movies and TV episodes that I have watched over the year.  So when I was watching this movie there was this nagging feeling in the back of my head saying this doesn't feel like Star Trek.  This doesn't feel like Spock.  Kirk kind of seems like a jerk.  How come we are abandoning any sense of science or even pseudo science?  All these questions and feelings made me feel less of the movie.  Hence why I feel torn.  I'll probably watch it again on video and maybe make up my mind one way or the other.  So the reason I even told that story is to set up that I got home pretty late and so I took an easy photo of Owly on my new table in front of a vase of flowers.  It was something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment