Saturday, April 20, 2013

Day 700 - Record Store Day - 04.20.13

Today was Record Store Day.  I planned on going and maybe picking up a few records pressed just for today.  I did get a couple records, but nothing super exciting when compared to what else I found.  At one of the record stores I went through all their 7" records and pulled out a stack of interesting records.  Many were not priced.  I brought them to the front desk to get priced and then I could figure out what I could afford.  I thought that was all I was going to get.  But then one of the guys working there walked by with a Flipper album.  I asked if I could see it and I then told him I was going to buy it.  He then told me had gotten a bunch of punk records from the 80's out.  The store had just gotten in a big record collection and they were literally just unpacking boxes and putting out records.  I found some of these in the racks and others as the Black Flag and two Big Black records I grabbed as soon as he priced them.  I'm sure there were more gems in the boxes, but I had to cut myself of and leave before I spent any more money.  Anyway I was pretty excited to get these few records.  I laid them out for this photo to immortalize the days treasure.  It was something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment