Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 151 - Daniel Cuervo Smith Grind - 10.19.11

Met up with an old skate buddy of mine, Ron Vaia. I met him over at the Cove Skatepark in Santa Monica. I went to take photos, but once I was there I was glad I brought a board. I tooled around a bit, nothing special. It felt great to have a board under my feet. I haven't been on my board for a couple years now, which was another reason to take it easy. Even with taking it easy I made the mistake of trying Ron's board which had really tight trucks. I went over a hip and I leaned one way and the board went another and down I went. Slammed my wrist nice and hard. I'll be feeling that for a week at least. Anyways, it was a cool night. Wednesday's it "adult skate" so there were several guys my age and the vibe was very mellow and welcoming. There were some younger kids that were pretty good. Even though it was adult skate there was a young kid named Evan that was like 14 who tore it up. This is a shot of Daniel Cuervo who was blasting huge air. This Smith grind however was hugely stylish and a better photo. I always loved smith grinds, not only for the great feeling when you do one, but they look cool as hell. So this was something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment