Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Day 4000 - Sparks "Kimono My House" LP - 05.03.22

This is the Sparks album "Kimono My House" which was the album today for the 1001 albums list.  I wrote the following.

I had a casual appreciation for Sparks until I watched the "Sparks Brothers" documentary. my main point of reference for Sparks was the Valley Girl soundtrack and the album "Angst In My Pants" from which those songs came. I really like that album a lot. And I have this album "Kimono My House", but I didn't listen to it much. But then once I watched that documentary I went back to this album and been slowly working my way through all their work. I've come to love "This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us." To me it is kind of like Queen, but more manic and angular. "Amateur Hour" is catchy and fun. "Falling in Love with Myself Again" has a carnival/circus vibe as well as a bit of Queen as well. The songs continue with this manic vibe for pretty much the whole album. The next song that had an element I wanted to mention was the chimes on "Talent Is An Asset' which for some reason made the song sound very modern. Not sure what that was about. Overall this album is pretty cool. And thought this album kind of give me Queen vibes, it also sounds utterly unique.

This is something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment