Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Day 3923 - Eagles Self Titled LP - 02.15.22

Today on the 1001 albums list the album was the first album by the Eagles.  The album kicks off with a composition by Glenn Frey and Jackson Browne. So I think with Nico's "These Days" and now with "Take It Easy" this is Jackson Browne's second appearance on the list, but no album to show. Well he may not have gotten an invitation to the party, but I suppose it is okay to come as a plus one. I don't know this for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see more Jackson Browne compositions in the future. "Take It Easy" is pretty much a perfect pop song. It really sets the tone for that Eagles Southern California country rock vibe that is synonymous with the Eagles and the Southern California sound of the early 70s. The lyrics are instantly catchy and memorable. I can't tell you how many times I've found myself singing the first verse of this song. LOVE IT. "Witchy Woman", the second track is another all time classic. Kicks off with a hooky riff and then settles into a magical and witchy vibe. Then we go through some deep cuts. "Chug All Night" is a serious straight ahead rocker showing that the Eagles can rock with the best of them. Even if you don't like the Eagles, you can't deny that they were superior musicians and they were technically perfect musicians in the studio. Their level of perfection brings to mind Pink Floyd. "Nightingale" is a deep cut, but it could have been a single if they had wanted to release it as a single. I think it's strong enough. Side two has more deep cuts, but it also has the smash single "Peaceful Easy Feeling" which is another iconic Eagles track. I'm looking forward to more albums by the Eagles. They produced some amazing songs and albums through the seventies.

This is something I saw today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment