Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Day 2971 - "The Secret Invasion" and "Darby's Rangers" - 07.10.19

Three nights in a row at the New Beverly and tonight's excursion was interesting.  We started off with "The Secret Invasion" which was a Roger Corman war picture.  It was a basic men on a mission picture.  I was really interested in seeing "Darby's Rangers" which is a rare James Garner film.  I love James Garner.  The film print was a 16 mm print and it kept getting jammed up and burning.  After about 5 times, they had to cancel the screening.  I was really bummed because we were getting near the end, but it just wasn't going to happen.  I think we had about one more reel to go.  With all the delays we didn't get out until after midnight and we didn't even finish the movie.  There weren't that many people who stuck around for the second feature and the theater gave us all movie passes since we weren't able to finish to film.  So that is something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment