Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Day 2746 - It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World - 11.27.18

I picked this record up this past weekend.  This movie played at the Cinerama Dome last month because it was the anniversary of the Dome and this is the movie that played when it opened. I wanted to go, but it was midweek and I couldn't get there from work in time. 

I was introduced to this movie when I was a kid when it was one TV and my Uncle Art was visiting.  He said it was one of the greatest movies of all time.  Turns out he was right and I have watched this movie many times over the years.  It has all the great comedians of the time in the 1950's.  The movie became a bit of a family joke as one of only 3 movies my uncle would say were great movies.  The list was this movie, Midway and Electric Glide In Blue.  I am happy to own the record now.  Most of it is score, but there is a great pop track, "31 Flavors" that plays during a hilarious Dick Shawn scene.  Pure pop confection.  I brought it in to work.  This is something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment