Sunday, September 9, 2018

Day 2667 - L.I.F.E. Living Is Fitness Exercise - 09.09.18

This record is hands down the greatest find out of all the records from Utah.  Sure I found The Cure and Escape From New York, but those were known quantities.  This is a record I paid 50 cents for and had no idea what I was getting.  I was expecting some corny exercise stuff with maybe some cheeseball music.  However what I got in addition to some cheeseball music are a couple of outstanding tracks. One is sort of a Acid Jazz world music type of thing and the last track on the record is a rocking funky number.  On one side of the record you get the song with Tanya Everett talking over it giving exercise instructions, but on side two you get the songs without her.  The last track is for the exercise called Buns Bounce.  When I first heard the song I played it over and over like 3 times immediately.  It is basically a library track and the kind of track I think collector dig for.  This album was a two record set, but this one I found at the thrift store only had the second record.  I went online to see if I could buy the record and quickly discovered that the record goes for some bucks online.  It seems like I am not the only one who has discovered what a hidden treasure this album is.  I am sort of bummed that I don't have the first record because I am dying to hear it.  I can't find any of the tracks on youtube or any other site.  Some day I hope to find it.  This is something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment