Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Day 2508 - Spidey Reunited - 04.03.18

This year at Wonder-Con we fell in love with a new artist.  We bought several pieces by Mauricio Abril and this one of Spider-Man coming to play with the Avengers is one of them.  I found Mauricio's art all very powerful and the art brought me to tears.  This one has Spider-Man coming to play with the rest of the Avengers and if you look closely in the background you can see two business men shaking hands.  One man is wearing Mickey ears representing the deal Disney and Sony were able to finally make to allow Spider-Man into the MCU and to let Spider-Man to come play with his old friend.  I love the excitement and joy on the characters' faces seeing their old friend return.  It mirrors mine and many other fans emotions.  I think the piece also gives hope that people can figure out how to work together and do what is best.  Can't wait to get this hung up in my house.  You can buy artwork from Mauricio here. This is something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment