Saturday, July 8, 2017

Day 2239 - Depeche Mode "Some Great Reward" - 07.08.17

This afternoon my wife and daughter went out of town, which meant I was alone for the afternoon.  I spent several hours in Atomic records thumbing through records.  I found this classic Depeche Mode record.  This is the first record I ever heard from Depeche Mode.  It was at a party and some girl brought a tape of this and played People Are People.  She was mad about the song and wanted everyone to hear it.  I still remember that moment, partially because the song was pretty memorable, but mostly because of the passion she had over the song and how much she just wanted everyone to hear it.  I get that way sometimes.  In fact when my son got home tonight I couldn't wait to play him songs from the records that I bought today.  We listened to records for long into the wee hours of the night.  This is something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment