Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Day 1997 - Weird Van - 11.08.16

This weird van was parked in front of my house this morning.  When I was taking photos of it this very concerned older couple approached me and asked me if I had noticed the van before.  I had never seen it.  They were very concerned saying they had seen it before and that thought it was a homeless person who scavenged through the trash.  They were very upset that the van had parked in our neighborhood.  I didn't know what they were hoping to accomplish.  Maybe they were hoping I was documenting some bad behavior or was going to use the photos to complain to the police.  Of course I wasn't.  They sort of made me laugh because they seemed like the nosey neighbor from a 1950's sitcom, but were too afraid to do something about their own fears of what they perceive as a bad element.  Sort of funny.  But it is also sort of sad and represents so much of what has been going on in our country, people being afraid of something or someone that is different.  This set the tone for a very surreal day because today was the presidential election and somehow our weird country just voted in an embarrassment.  Seems like a fitting end to an embarrassing year of a political circus with each candidate trying to out do each other for being worse.  So election aside, this is something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment