Friday, March 18, 2016

Day 1761 - Ian McCulloch "Faith And Healing" - 03.18.16

Last night I stopped in at Amoeba records to pick up the Turbo Kid soundtrack.  While there I thumbed through some new arrivals and found this Ian McCulloch 12 inch.  This song was from his first solo record Candleland, which I love.  That record came out during the first year that I owned a CD player.  So it got a lot of play because my CD collection was quite small at the time.  Seems like I don't hear much talk about that record anymore, but it is a real gem.  I also saw Ian on the tour for that record.  My wife (then girlfriend) sat on the stage for the show.  He played a little venue that traditionally had been a country and western place.  There were only a couple hundred people at the show.  It was a great intimate show.  Still can't believe that happened.  Anyway, I picked up this 12 inch which I hadn't seen before and it was something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment