Sunday, June 29, 2014

Day 1134 - Journey To The Magic Cavern VHS - 06.29.14

I was doing some cleaning in my record room and came across this old VHS tape.  This was a direct tor video series that my son loved as a kid.  Actually we all loved it.  There are 6 movies in all.  This is the 5th one.  They are super low budget, but in a time when Doctor Who was off the air, this was kind of a low rent rip off.  Now that statement may be misleading.  There is now one in these movies like The Doctor, but there are elements in these movies that I think were plucked from Doctor Who.  There is a girl in here who is basically a rip off of Leela.  They have to collect pieces to the "nullifier" which is very similar to the plot device of the keys to time.  There is also a character very similar to the master.  Needless to say it was some good family entertainment back in the day.  So this was something I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment